Everyone’s favourite summer cocktail is now a delicious dessert. Don’t let the sherbert fool you, this one’s for adults only.
- 2 cups (50101) White Wings Plain Flour
- 4g salt
- 1 tsp (64993) Caterers’ Choice Baking Powder
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns, freshly ground
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced (180ml juice)
- 180g (66815) Anchor Unsalted Butter, softened
- 110g (188618) Bundaberg Sugar Brown Sugar
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 80ml floral honey
- 1 (81481) Caterers’ Choice Bulk Large Egg
- 1 cup (63955) Caterers’ Choice Whole Macadamias
Raw No. 2, roasted and chopped
- 350ml (39689) Caterers’ Choice Fresh Full Cream Milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 750ml (56298) Anchor Whipping Cream UHT
- 180ml orange marmalade
- 150ml (170279) Bottega Gold Prosecco DOC Spumante
Brut, reduced to 40ml
- 60ml (178935) Aperol
- 3 tbsp orange jelly
- 1-2 tsp orange edible glitter
- Orange sherbet for serving (optional)
1. Cookies (can be made 3 days in advance)
Pre-heat your oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, pink peppercorns and half of the orange zest into a bowl. Mix together with a whisk until well combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and 70g of the brown sugar and 100g of the caster sugar, until pale and fluffy. Add honey, 100ml of orange juice and egg, mixing on
medium until combined. Fold through the flour mix and the chopped macadamias. Scoop balls of dough (approx. 40g each) and put onto a prepared baking sheet, pressing down gently to flatten (make sure there is room for the cookies to spread as they cook).
Bake for 12-15 minutes, turning the trays halfway through, until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool on trays for 15 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container until required.
2. Ice cream
Whisk together the milk and remaining caster sugar, until the sugar dissolves. Stir through the vanilla seeds, remaining orange zest and the cream. Refrigerate for 2
hours. While the ice cream base is chilling, make the Aperol jam. In a small saucepan over a medium heat, add the marmalade, remaining orange juice, prosecco reduction and the Aperol. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Pour into your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s churning instructions. At the end, add the Aperol jam, churn briefly to create a swirl. Freeze immediately until needed, freezing overnight will give you a firmer ice cream.