Transport your diners to Baja with these succulent scallops, soaked in lime juice and topped with fresh salsa.
- 1kg (66460) Seafrost Scallops, roe off
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeño, or to taste
- 1 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper, freshly ground
1. Ceviche the scallops
In a medium bowl, ceviche the scallops in the lime juice for 30 minutes, covered and refrigerated, tossing every 10 minutes.
Strain the scallops and save the lime juice.
2. Make the salsa and serve
Stir in the onion, tomato, cucumber, jalapeño and coriander. Stir in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add back lime juice to taste as desired. Serve immediately.
As seen in