Put a festive spin on pavlova this Christmas with this luscious spiced pear pavlova topped with a decadent butterscotch sauce.
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 star anise
- 2 tsp (79968) MasterFoods Ground Cinnamon
- 5 cardamom pods
- 400ml ginger beer
- 250ml (156298) Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 65g (6959) Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 2⁄3 firmly packed cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (53722) Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tbsp (177820) Giori Amaretto Liqueur
- 500g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (156298) Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g slivered almonds
- 2 tsp (156735) Bundaberg Sugar Caster Sugar
- 1 (28173) The Country Chef Bakery Co. Vanilla Pavlova Slab
- Dark chocolate, grated
1. To make the spiced pears
Place the ingredients and 375ml water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes, until pears are tender. Transfer pears into a bowl, then return the poaching liquid to medium-high heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Strain over the pears and set aside to cool.
2. To make the butterscotch sauce
Place the ingredients in a pan over medium heat and bring to just below boiling point. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring for 5-7 minutes until sugar dissolves and the mixture is slightly thickened. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. To make the mascarpone cream
Place mascarpone, cream and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
4. To caramelise the almonds
Place almonds in a frypan over medium heat and sprinkle over the caster sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. To serve
Slice pavlova slab into individual servings and top with even portions of the cream, spiced pear and nuts, then drizzle with butterscotch sauce and pear syrup and top with grated dark chocolate.
As seen in