Not only innately festive, but prosecco also embodies the taste of summer. It’s the perfect party starter. Our lively take on a summer spritz is vibrant and refreshing, made with fruity spiced shrub, elderflower, and prosecco. What are you waiting for? Pimp your prosecco now. Cheers!
Pomegranate strawberry shrub
- 500ml apple cider vinegar
- 220g caster sugar
- 170g palm sugar or jaggery, shaved or grated
- 360g chopped strawberries
- 180g chopped rhubarb
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
For the pimped prosecco
- 30ml pomegranate strawberry shrub
- 20ml vodka
- 10ml elderflower liqueur
- Bottega Gold Prosecco DOC Spumante Brut (170279)
1. To make the shrub
In a medium saucepan, heat the vinegar and sugars over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the strawberries, rhubarb, pomegranate, cardamom and fennel, stirring and simmer gently for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Use a double layer of muslin or a fine mesh sieve to strain the liquid and discard spices. Pour into a sterilised glass jar and refrigerate for 3-4 days before using for the flavours to develop. The shrub can be stored in the fridge for up to a month.