Umami-rich flavours of miso tossed through crisp cucumbers and green beans, this zesty salad is a summer menu must-have.
- 3 cucumbers
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bag (353) Edgell Whole Baby Beans, trimmed
- 1 large piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- ⅓ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup (108586) Hikari White Miso Paste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- (55784) Caterers’ Choice Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Spring onions
1. Smash the cucumbers and green beans
Lightly smash cucumbers with a rolling pin, then tear into bite-size pieces. Toss with a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
Place green beans in a large resealable plastic bag, seal and smash with rolling pin until most of the beans are split open and bruised.
2. To make the dressing
Whisk ginger, chilli, garlic, vinegar, miso, olive oil and sesame oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Add dressing to beans and toss around in bag to coat. Season with salt.
3. To assemble
Drain cucumbers and add to bag with beans. Toss to combine. Transfer salad to a platter and top with sesame seeds and spring onions.
As seen in