We’ve never met anyone who didn’t like a lobster roll. Perfect for a hand-held takeaway treat or as a starter on your summer menu. Serve with chips and a cold beer.
- 4 (198199) Maris Whole Cooked PA Lobsters
- ½ cup (50101) White Wings Plain Flour
- 1 ½ cups (165080) Caterers’ Choice Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- ¼ cup (201478) Praise Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp (115122) MasterFoods Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 (170770) Quality Bakers Artisan Milk Glazed Slider Buns, toasted
- Lemon wedges
1. Prepare the lobster
Carefully remove the meat from the lobster shell. Repeat with remaining lobsters and discard the shells.
2. To make the batter
Place flour, breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp chives into a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl whisk the egg with 1/4 cup water.
Take 1 piece of lobster meat at a time, dip in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in egg mixture, then toss in crumb mixture to coat, pressing firmly to secure. Place on a plate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. To make the mayonnaise dressing and slaw
Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and mustard in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer half the mayonnaise mixture to a small bowl. Stir in remaining chives and set aside. Add cabbage, carrot, apple and onion to remaining mayonnaise mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Fry the lobster
Pour enough oil into a large, deep frying pan to reach 2cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Shallow-fry lobster pieces, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
5. To assemble
Place toasted bun bases on serving plates. Top with coleslaw, then lobster. Drizzle with reserved mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately with extra chives and lemon wedges.
As seen in