- 400g can (176943)
Riviana Black Beans
- 1⁄2 tsp (55754) Caterers’ Choice Mixed Herbs
- 1⁄2 tsp (52755) Always Fresh Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup (176943) Riviana
- ¼ cup (166524) Edgell
Red Kidney Beans
- ¼ cup (310) Edgell Corn Kernels, drained
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- Squeeze of (189362) Caterers’ Choice Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp (7518) Mainland
Tasty Shredded Cheese
2 lettuce leaves, chopped
1. To make the bean filling
Drain the beans, pour them into a bowl and mix through the dried herbs and vinegar.
2. To make the salsa
Mix together the black beans, kidney beans, corn, cucumber and onion with a squeeze of lemon.
3. To assemble
Split the pita in half down to the one-third mark. Fill each with equal amounts of lettuce, beans, cheese and salsa. Serve with a paper napkin as it can get juicy.
Read the ultimate guide to creating a healthy school canteen