A hearty minestrone soup, served with a bread roll, perfect for the cooler months.
- 120ml (189278) CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate
- 4 cups water
- 400g can (166524) Edgell Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 400g can (162367) Edgell Black Beans, drained
- 2 tbsp (59060) Alfina’s
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, diced
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 waxy potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 cup (320) Edgell Peas
- 100g (11104) Leggo’s Tomato Paste
- 400g can (74722) SPC Diced Tomatoes
- 100g penne pasta
- 4 (557339) Caterers’ Choice Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp (55764) Caterers’ Choice Ground Oregano
- (55770) Caterers’ Choice Fine Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 (149687) Speedibake
Focaccia Bread Rolls
1. Heat the stock
Dilute the vegetable concentrate in 4 cups of water and place in a large heavy-based pot over medium heat. Pour the beans into the stock, including the liquid. Gently simmer.
2. Cook the vegetables
Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and the carrots and fry for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes or until colour changes. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
3. To make the soup
Place the vegetables and remaining ingredients into the pot. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until the vegetables and pasta are cooked through. Remove bay leaves.
Serve minestrone with a warm roll.
Read the ultimate guide to creating a healthy school canteen