Simple, tasty and versatile. Bruschetta is a delicious menu addition, suitable for shared plates, appetisers and bar food.
- 500g heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 10 slices of ciabatta or sourdough
- 300g Edgell Chunky Avocado Pulp (191632)
- 75ml Knorr Italian Glaze with Balsamic (124294)
- 150g Perfect Italiano Shaved Parmesan Cheese (15975)
- 2-3 sprigs of basil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. For the tomatoes
Slice or quarter the tomatoes and add to a bowl with 1 finely chopped clove of garlic. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and gently mix taking care not to smash the tomatoes. Set aside to marinate.
2. For the toast
Heat a griddle or grill pan over a medium high heat, brush the bread both sides with a little oil. Toast both sides until golden.
3. To assemble
Rub the toasted bread with the garlic cloves. Spread the warm toast slices with avocado pulp (about 30g per slice) and top with the marinated tomato mix and drizzle with balsamic. Sprinkle over the shaved parmesan cheese, garnish with basil leaves and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finish with a final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.