Transport your guests with these Vietnamese-inspired beef filled lettuce cups, perfect as a starter or hand-held snack.
- 350g (189973) Bounty Premium Grain Fed Beef Cube Roll, cut into strips
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp (188618) Bundaberg Sugar Brown Sugar
- 100g (72458) Chefs’ Choice Large Flat Rice Noodes
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 1 tbsp fried shallots
1. For the marinade
Combine beef, lemongrass, garlic and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
2. To make the dressing
To make the dressing, place hoisin sauce, fish sauce, lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
3. To make the salad
Place cooked rice noodles, cucumber and 2⁄3 of mint and coriander in a bowl. Toss to combine.
4. To cook the beef
Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the beef mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
5. To assemble
Place lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Divide noodle mixture between lettuce cups. Top with beef and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with fried shallots and remaining mint and coriander. Serve immediately.
As seen in