Proudly Australian Owned and Australian Made, Dairy Farmers Fresh Cooking Cream is the brand-new addition to the Bega Foodservice dairy portfolio. Developed in conjunction with an accredited foodservice industry chef, the new Dairy Farmers Fresh Cooking Cream is ideal for high heat cooking in commercial environments. Each key feature of the Dairy Farmers Cooking Cream has been tested and validated in a commercial kitchen.
- 200g thinly sliced proscuitto
- 100g butter
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500ml pinot grigio or chardonnay wine
- 500ml Dairy Farmers Cooking Cream (211537)
- Saffron threads, pinch
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 700g cleaned green tiger prawn cutlets
- 700g scallops with roe, side-muscle removed
- 700g calamari hoods, cut into rings
- 25g fresh basil, shredded
- 600g angel hair pasta, cooked
- Small basil leaves, for garnish
Cook prosciutto at 200°C for 5-8 minutes until crisp and then break into flakes. Melt 50g of butter in a large frypan and sauté garlic until just golden, add wine and reduce by half. Add Dairy Farmers Cooking Cream (211537) and simmer until thickened. Add saffron and season. Melt remaining butter in two sauté pans and sear seafood until just cooked. Stir in shredded basil and saffron cream.
For each serving
Portion pasta in to a nest into the centre of each plate. Carefully top with seafood in saffron cream. Garnish with prosciutto flakes and basil leaves.